Friday, May 18, 2007

Garden Centre Withdrawal

May 18th and I have yet to make a trip to the Garden Centre. I'd like to think it's because I'm a disciplined gardener. I buy only what I need after careful consideration and planning toward a well thought-out garden design. Yeah, right. Who am I kidding?

I love garden centres! I make dozens of trips over the course of the summer and spend hundreds of dollars. It's my favourite way to kill some time, no purchase necessary. The fact that I have yet to make it to the garden centre is a sad commentary on how busy I am. Work sucks up way too much of my time (but that's another story.)

Anyway, at long last, the Victoria Day Long Weekend has arrived. It's the traditional planting weekend in these parts I'm determined to spend some dough and get my hands dirty.

I've got a few things on my wish list: solar lights, another birdhouse, a serviceberry or two, maybe an evergreen in a shade of blue and some of those neat Japanese grasses with the names I forget. But most of all I just want the time to enjoy the experience.

No comments: